Saturday, November 1, 2008

Villadangos del Páramo to Astorga - 27 K

I've noticed the interior of my shoes have started to disintegrate - especially at the heels, they are completely shredded. I hope this does not mean new blisters, as my feet are pretty well under control.
I hear that most Pilgrims carry duct tape, although I never knew why. Now I know that it's to keep your shoes together, or perhaps tape them to your feet - Lordy!!!

The Albergue here has heat, but the bunk beds are so close to each other, it's practically like sleeping in a double bed. I hope the person next to me does not snore and, at least, introduces themselves before we go to sleep.

Carolyn; So good to hear from you. Have a great time in Marco.
Darlene; Your favourite Refugio closes the end of October - probably means no heat there.
Pat; Glad you are enjoying the blog. Thanks for the note.
Laurie; I do have woollies - hat that is - and one I can even wear to bed.

1 comment:

patti said...

hey there Lynne! I'm sure there is an understanding that you won't cook the locals! Although maybe it just takes one 'martyr' and there will be more food and warmth happening! I think you're supposed to take duct tape EVRYWHERE you go. Andrea used it on blisters on canoe trips. Needless to say, her blisters were a TOTAL mess when she returned. Eesh! Take care my dear, we are thinking about you and your trek all the time! Patti