Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sarria to Airexe - 40K

Made a lot of headway today, but I choose to walk on main roads and even the hwy rather than submit my leg to the rough and unpredictable path of the Camino.
Regrettably, I missed out on several lovely villages and a much nicer walk by doing that, but my leg needed one more day on even ground.

I only have a few days to reach Santiago and I actually think I'll make it. Of course I have a new blister on the bottom of one of my toes, but I sneer at blisters now (I spit in your eye, you stupid blister).

I've been travelling pretty well alone the last few days. Some people went ahead, some are behind, but the expectation of most of us is that we will meet many fellow pilgrims in Santiago, as people tend to hang around there for a few days.

I'm in a nice clean and warm Albergue tonight -just one other woman, a Hungarian gal I've never encountered before, plus a nice little restaurant across the street.
It's all good!

1 comment:

Mati's Blog said...

:)))about the blisters... those feet were mae for walking