Sunday, November 2, 2008

Astorga to Rabanal del Camino - 20K

Short walk again today and, despite the fact it is below zero now, the wind was not bad, so the walk was OK.
We have left the Meseta and are going to be starting to climb a section of the Alps tomorrow. There is lots more I would like to tell you about the area, but the Internet at this Albergue is outside in a courtyard and my fingers are falling off, so I need to make this brief.

Washing your clothes almost always takes place outside, in a courtyard as well, and the water is freezing cold. There are big signs always saying, you cannot wash them inside in the sink where there actually is warm water.
I'm down to one pair if underwear again. It's making me a little crazy, but I'm wondering if I lost them last night, moving dorms.
It would be a worthwhile sacrifice if someone had used them to try and strangle the snorer.

Gotta go - so cold.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I sure hope you sleep better tonight!! Thinking about you!

Dee

Darlene said...

Hi Lynne:
I remember the top bunk - I kept my valuables inside the sleeping bag at my feet, with my glasses inside my toilet case. I did squash my glasses once in Rabanal - I wrestled them back into shape, but they are still a bit crooked. Hope you enjoyed the iron cross, and the descent into Molineseca. An albergue with heat will seem like a real luxury to you when you find one. Are you planning on the detour to the monastery at Samos? We stayed there, and it was only a little out of the way, and quite fantastic.
Keep your toes warm - my shoes started to fall apart at the heels to on the walk - Your heels must be very tough by now and unlikely to blister, as long as your sox are dry.
Buen camino
Darlene