Monday, November 10, 2008

O Cebreiro to Triacastela - 21K

[Previous two Posts Updated Nov 10, 2008, to show the correct sequence of events and locations. This Post is after the fact.]

Left O Cebreiro, surrounded by fog as we descended the mountain.
I had hoped to travel to Samos today (about 30k) to visit and stay at the famous Monasterio de Samos - a monastery founded in the 5th century - but my leg was really sore after the descent from O Cebreiro.
I'm holed up tonight in Triacastela at a warm Albergue and, while not a very warm shower area, the water, at least, is hot.
Most of the Pilgrims I have been with the last few days went ahead to Samos, as they wanted to stay in the monastery.
My book said it was damp and gloomy, so aside from the fact it was too far to walk, I no longer wish to be cold, however romantic the setting might be.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Lynne! I am loving this blog! You've got quite a few hilarious one liners as well! Perhaps you've missed your calling as a screenplay writer??
I hope the rest of the trip is amazing AND that we'll see you at Christmas, along with lots and lots of gorgeous pictures!
xo-Andrea

Darlene said...

What a marvelous travelogue this is. And so many challenges for you. The camraderie was one of the things for me too. I stayed at Samos, but it was in late May - not dank and gloomy then, though. I wonder if you will go past it, or take the other trail - it really is something to see.
Too bad about the views from on high, though it was rainy and overcast during my climb to El Cebreiro too. Only about a week left - do you just want it to be over, or are you enjoying the wonderful times. After Sarria, there is just over 100 km to go - way to go!!!
Buen Camino
Darlene