Sunday, November 2, 2008

In Astorga

Just a small note re: my bed mates last night.
Julian, the French Canadian guy, pointed out to me, just before bed, that the guy sleeping right next to me was the most renown snorer on the Camino and that he, Julian, was moving to another dorm they had just opened up, because he had been exposed to this guy's snoring before and he said it was deadly.
I decide to move to the new dorm as well, despite the fact that it meant a top bunk, and it seemed a little cooler than the original one.
It turned out to be a good decision.

I got up once in the night to use the washroom and there were serious Husqvarna sounds coming from the other dorm. Lots of grumbling from the other people the next morning, who had tried to sleep through the noise. I fear if I'd stayed in that dorm, my chapter today would be called, "Murder on the Camino."
By the way, re: a top bunk; beside the fact that I hate trying to get out of them during the night, there is nowhere to put the things you usually keep near the bed - your water and flashlight, your bag with Passport and money and my glasses. I just take everything to bed with me, keep my glasses on and hope that none of it falls out during the night - and that my glasses don't end up underneath me.

No comments: