Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Airexe to Melide - 23K

The walk seemed long today, but the weather was nice again. This area is really know for being rainy, but I have been super lucky so far, with the weather.

The big deal in Melide is to visit a pulperia - a restaurant that specializes in Octopus (pulpo: octopus.)
I dined with John from Australia and Donna from Calgary, whom I had met on the Camino before, but due to injuries, they had taken a bus for a few days, and were just now getting back on the road.

The Octopus was fantastic.
They are cooked whole, in big cauldrons, cut into bite sized pieces, drizzled with olive oil and Spanish paprika, then washed down with Ribeiro wine. There was also a really good salad and bread.

I decided, after checking into the run down, crowded and dingy Albergue, that I wanted some comfort and privacy, so I treated myself to a small hotel (sort of) across the street.
All in all a great evening.

No comments: