Monday, October 13, 2008

Pamplona

I stayed in Pamplona last night (running of the bulls): a beautiful city, the little I saw of it.

I'm here in the Internet room . Fortunately all of the Aubergues have them.
They charge 1 euro for 20 minutes.
I stayed in tonight and just ate some leftover sandwiches I had, but we got in late today so I didn't feel like going out to dinner.

Get this: I visited with a French woman tonight that was on a different pilgrimage before she joined this one.
She has already walked 700 K and still has more than 700 to go.
Now that's amazing!

2 comments:

Kathy Thomas said...

Hi Lynne,

Well, funny girl, you crack me up I am having so much fun reading your blog and the comments. I am glad everyone is behaving over there !! No driving and you'll be fine. ha ha

You go girl and fill this dream, keep up the great spirt.

Love Kathy and Brian.

Laurie said...

Lynne
What? No bulls to run away from at the end of your day? Sounds easy peezy if you ask me:).
I kept thinking you should have gone with someone but when you mentioned how many more people you meet when you travel alone I remembered that from going to New Zealand. No other tired person to babysit if a good opportunity comes up or to let down if you don't want to do something. You have to find a "techie" out there so you can send pictures. I'm dying to see some of where you've been. Hope your weather keeps up. We had the most fabulous Thanksgiving weather and you missed a good feed too. I'll bet your clothes are starting to fall off by the end of this week, what with no Starbucks, Tims or your own cooking. Maybe I should sign-up for it (or part of it!). Well I better go and pretend I work here. Have fun. Laurie.
PS I sent a pile of stuff home from OZ when I went cause my pack was too heavy. Packed it in a box and called it "travellers excess baggage". Also a few souvenirs that I didn't want to lug a round. BUT dont send ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE!
Happy Hiking