Thursday, October 9, 2008

Got to Paris and then to Bayonne

So far so good.
The flight was fine, crowded seating, but I sat next to a woman who was really enjoyable, a new friend I think: She teaches psychology part time at U of T, and part time in Latvia!
Neither one of us could sleep much so it helped to pass the time.
The plane arrived early so no problem with my connection. Also made the train connection as well to Bayonne! but just!! as the bus from the airport was very late.
Sorry for the typos: and strange punctuation. Some differences in the keyboard.
Took me 3 trys to find a user friendly internet cafe,....but at least I persisted for a change.
When I went to use my Visa they wouldn't accept it without a code, so I had to phone Visa to find out what it was.
As you know I find those things sort of stressful, but I realize how good it is for me to try and tackle them on my own. Maybe I'll develop some patience on this trip.
I was hoping to sleep on the train trip, because I'm totally bagged now, but the seats just wouldn't allow it.
I'm here in Bayonne now.
Got the last room at the Madrid Paris hotel.....truly a pilgrim's room.
The toilet is on another floor, and the shower is on another floor yet again.
The layout is rather confusing, I've not made it back to my room yet on the first try, so just picture me in the night trying to find the toilet.
It has all the makings of a Monty Python skit!
Bayonne is a beautiful old city, and I've walked around a little, but pretty tired so I'll head back to the hotel now.
I've seen a few pilgrims pass by. Their backpacks are about half the size of mine. HMMMM...

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Hellooooo!!!! You forgot to send me the link to your blog. I'd been wondering what was going on, and kept thinking you might email. I as beginning to think you'd expired on that first day after all. I finally figured out I should call Steve yesterday and I did, and he sent me the info I haven't read all of your posts yet as I write this, but I will.

Glad to hear you are well. We're great and have been talking about your effort and cheering you on from here.

go Nana go.
xo