Thursday, October 9, 2008

Off to St. Jean Pied-de-Port

Just a quick post via Steve before I leave for St: Jean PdP today.
I had a great sleep last night, and the croissants for breakfast were fantastic. The thought has occurred to me that I could just stay here for the next month and just eat french pasteries and see the sights. This is a beautiful older city, and divided by ponts at many points. I had Mexican food last night for dinner at a little hole in the wall....it was fabulous.
It's a beautiful day today....hope I get as good tomorrow. My bag is definitely too heavy....so I have to figure out what to do about that.
I missed the early morning departure for St.Jean, but should be ok to leave at noon: I still need to call Visa again, as my credit card is still not being accepted.
You may not hear from me again until after I climb the mountain (the internet cafe charges add up.)

No comments: